What’s the difference between a psychic and a medium?
There is quite a bit of confusion about the terms psychic, clairvoyant, medium, and physic. On the one hand, you have people who claim to see the future using their third eye or have visions of things that will come up in your life. On the other hand, you have those that communicate with spirits or refer to themselves as a “spiritual medium.” So what is the difference between a psychic and a medium?
Psychic vs Medium
8 Clear Differences Between Psychic and Medium
1) One of the first differences between a psychic vs medium is that psychics provide insight into your life without being given any information about your past, present, or future. Psychics may receive this insight through visions, dreams, gut feelings, or even premonitions. In contrast, mediums are people who claim they can communicate with the dead—your loved ones in heaven—in order to bring through specific messages from them for their living relatives and friends. Clairsentients are one type of psychics who use their ability to sense the energy of others. On the other hand, Clairvoyants are psychics who use their ability to see energy to provide insight into your life.
2) While it is true that both psychics and mediums receive information in non-physical forms (i.e., sight, sound, smell, touch) or extrasensory perception (ESP or ‘seeing’ things with your third eye), it is only the psychic who receives messages through this type of non-physical means. A clairsentient will sense things coming from someone else, physically or emotionally—like a gut feeling or just knowing something without being told. On the other hand, the clairvoyants use their visions both internally and externally to gain information about people and situations.
3) Mediums are often thought of as being able to connect with the dead, but they can also connect with other entities, such as angels, spirit guides, and ascended masters. Psychics do not typically work with other entities; their focus is only on providing insight into your life.
4) Mediums use their gifts to help others by giving readings and helping them to connect with loved ones who have passed on. Psychics may also do readings, but their main focus is on personal growth and self-development rather than helping others.
5) Mediums are said to be more tuned into the spiritual realm than psychics, and as a result, they may see or hear things that psychics do not. This could include angels, spirit guides, and other non-physical beings. This is not to say that all psychics don’t see these things as well, because many do; however, psychics may somehow be blocked from seeing or hearing certain things.
6) Both mediums and psychics can give you insight into your life—past, present, and future—but the difference is that the psychic only gives you insight into yourself. In contrast, a medium can communicate with those who have passed on and perhaps even give you messages from them.
7) While it is true that anyone can call themselves a psychic or medium, whether they have developed their abilities or not, there are different levels of proficiency for both gifts. Most readers suggest thinking about what kind of information you want before you go to a psychic or medium. For example, if you seek information about your life, it would be best to see a psychic. If, instead, you are seeking knowledge about someone else’s life—even if that person is no longer living or has passed on—then visit a medium.
8) Different types of psychics may have different abilities that fall into one category or another. Some people may be sensitive to energy and could be clairsentients while others might have the ability to hear messages mentally, which makes them clairaudient. Clairvoyants not only see energy but also can read what they are seeing. You should find out more specific information about the reader’s abilities before getting your reading so you can be sure you are getting the most from them.
The difference between psychic and medium is that psychics use their gifts to help people understand themselves better, while mediums use their gifts to help others connect with loved ones who have passed on. Psychics may also give readings, but their main focus is on personal growth and self-development, while mediums are more tuned in to the spiritual realm. Both mediums and psychics can give you insight into your life—past, present, and future—but the medium can also communicate with those who have passed on. It is important to keep an open mind when seeking out either a psychic or medium, as not everyone claiming to have these gifts is authentic. Do your research and find someone who has a good reputation and is known to be accurate. This way, you can be sure to get the most out of your reading.